Read Before Booking Your Russian River Vacation Home v.171218
Good Neighbor Policy | Stay Requirements | Booking Process | Rates, Fees & Payments | Cancellation Policy | Check-In/Check-Out | Amenities | Hot Tub/Pool Rules | Dog Policy | River, Docks, Boats & Creek | Lost & Found
Good Neighbor Policies: Quiet hours are 10pm-7am. No guests or cars in excess of the maximum occupancy and cars noted in house listing. No weddings, parties, events, or loud gatherings of any kind. No outdoor amplified sound (outdoor speakers). No temporary structures (including tents) or RV’s. No unsecured dogs or nuisance barking. Dogs left alone will be crated indoors. Firepits will be extinguished when unattended and after 10pm. State/local fire bans will be observed.
-We must have signed Terms & Conditions and full payment before check-in, regardless of how you book.
-When reserving online, you sign our Terms & Conditions electronically during the booking process, and you will receive a confirmation email upon completion.
-If you've booked with an agent, you'll receive an email with our DocuSign Terms & Conditions. Please sign within 24 hours or your booking may be cancelled.
-Regardless of how you booked, we will run payment within 24 hours of signing our Terms & Conditions. Also, look for your check-in email within 24 hours of payment.
-For security reasons, we can only send reservation information to the person listed on the booking agreement, so please share information with other guests.
-On our website, we accept Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express. A credit card is require to secure your booking. We do not accept checks or cash.
-The guest who signs our Terms & Conditions takes financial responsibility for the booking, so the signer must be present for the majority of the booking, and the credit card used to pay for the booking must belong to the signer. You must be 21 to book with us.
-We will run payment for the full amount within 24 hours of signing our Terms & Conditions. Only for bookings more than six months distant, you may pay in two installments (#1 half the total due upon booking; #2 other half due 30 days before arrival). If you opt to purchase trip protection, the premium will be added to the first payment. This request must be made before we send your booking agreement.
-In addition to rental rate, the following fees will apply:
- Required 12% Transient Occupancy Tax plus 2% Business Improvement Area (BIA) Assessment
- Required Non-Refundable Damage Waiver covering accidental damage to the rental property and its furnishings: $50 Damage Waiver covers up to $1000 of accidental damage; $75 Damage Waiver covers up to $2000 of accidental damage.
- Required Cleaning Fee: A full professional cleaning is necessary after each booking, so the house should be clean when you arrive. The fee covers a thorough general cleaning and laundering of one set of sheets per bed and one set of bath towels per person. Due to time constraints, the fee does not cover laundering spa towels/robes, washing dishes, cleaning up dog waste or excessive dog hair, hauling excess trash, and other extra cleaning.
-We strongly recommend trip protection. To select, opt in when you book online or with an agent.
Please read carefully, if you are a repeat guest, as this policy has changed for all reservations booked December 18, 2017 or later.
- We offer a 50% refund of nightly rate for cancellation up to one week prior to arrival.
- There is no refund for cancellation within the week prior to arrival or early departure. Applicable taxes will be retained.
- The cleaning fee and damage waiver are refunded for any reservation cancelled before check-in.
- The fee for changing dates or homes is $75 each instance and subject to our approval.
- RRG cannot refund any 3rd party service fees under any circumstances.
• Check-in time is 3pm, no exceptions, no early check-ins.
• Check-out is 11am. There are no late check-outs May-Sept.
• We may approve a late check-out Oct-Apr, subject to availability at time of departure. Call the last business day before departure, during business hours.
Any amenity not on this list is subject to change without notice. We try to keep everything up to date, but if that additional amenity is very important to you, please ask about it.
-Stove, refrigerator, blender, microwave, coffee-maker, toaster, complete cookware, dishes, glassware, and flatware.
-An initial supply of toilet paper (two rolls and a spare per bathroom) and one roll of paper towels.
-Dishwashing, dishwasher, laundry, and liquid hand soap.
-Trash bags, dish towel.
-Washer, dryer, iron, ironing board.
-Gas or charcoal barbecue. Propane is provided; charcoal, lighter fluid, etc. is not.
-Cable/satellite/streaming television, DVD, Wi-Fi.
-Hard-wired telephone with unlimited domestic long distance (no international calls). We cannot guarantee cell service at any location.
-Music player of some type (stereo, boombox, iPod dock, wireless speaker, TV music channels).
-One set of bed linens per bed/advertised sleeper. Beds will be made up with fresh linens.
-One set of bath towels per person (a set is one bath towel, one hand towel and one wash cloth). We do not provide bar soap, shampoo, or spa/beach towels.
USE HOT TUBS AND SWIMMING POOLS AT YOUR OWN RISK. Shower before getting in (especially after being in the River). Do not overuse the hot tub (too many people in the hot tub for too long). Keep your head above water in the hot tub. Children must be supervised at all times on the property, especially around hot tub and swimming pool. No children six years old or younger are allowed in hot tub. No dogs in hot tub or pool. Avoid pool and hot tub if you are pregnant, have a heart condition, are intoxicated or have any other risk factor. Leave the floaters alone. Replace covers after use. Keep hot tub filled to one inch above highest jet. Keep hot tub temperature set between 100 and 104 degrees. Don’t use if the water appears dirty, cloudy, or otherwise unsanitary. No running around or diving into pool. No glass in or around pool or hot tub. Pools are closed for use Oct through April (discounted rate applies).
Keep furniture and house linens clean and free of dog hair; bring and use your own dog blanket (do not use house linens/blankets for dogs). Clean up after your dogs, on the property and in the neighborhood. Dogs must have flea and tick protection. Dogs must be secured on the property at all times. Dogs left alone must be crated inside the house. Obey local leash laws. Don’t let dogs wander onto neighboring properties. No dogs in pools & hot tubs. County Ordinance prohibits excessive barking in vacation rentals. Damage done by dogs is not covered by Damage Waiver.
• Roughly May 1-October 31, the River is gentle, with very little white water, and warm enough to swim. Water levels can vary greatly, especially in June and September.
• Roughly Nov 1-Apr 30, the River is very swift, deep, and muddy, not safe for swimming or boating. Depending on rainfall, beaches are more or less under water.
• Rivers are dynamic, changing over season and year to year. Russian River levels depend upon a complex integration of upstream dams at Lake Mendocino and Lake Sonoma, summer dams at Healdsburg and Guerneville, tidal influences, County water flow decisions and drought conditions.
• River water is generally clean and safe to swim in, tested frequently by the County. However, if River-based water activities are in your plans, please use caution and review the Sonoma County Health Department's most recent recommendations for safe river use: http://sonomacounty.ca.gov/Health-Services/.
• We cannot guarantee water conditions, or river levels, river access or frontage conditions at any time of year in any location. Photos of the River and creeks on our website are not necessarily representative of current conditions.
• Private, Shared, and Neighborhood Beaches: Some homes have access to a public neighborhood beach, some to a shared “private” beach, and some to a “private” beach. A private river beach is a beach which cannot be accessed by land from any homes other than those we list, at least not without trespassing. By federal law, river beaches are open to the public up to the "high water mark" if they are accessed by water. So a group of canoeists may pull up to "your" beach and enjoy a picnic. They are completely within their rights to do so. The same applies to Austin Creek, but not to the seasonal creeks. Beaches tend to be gravel, with some sandy areas. We recommend water shoes to protect feet.
• Docks are generally in place mid-June through mid-September, depending on when the summer dams are installed and dismantled. The summer dams raise the water level to where docks can be used, and full water level is gained over the next week or so. We do not have control over or advance notice of this process. Each home has a custom dock system which requires the water level to be within a certain range, and each has its own timeline for accessibility.
• We cannot guarantee dates for the installation or removal of docks, and we do not refund if a dock is not in place. There are many ways to enjoy the River!
USE BOATS AND GEAR AT YOUR OWN RISK. Boating conditions are generally safe May 1-Oct 31. At homes with docks, boats may only be available as long as the dock is in, which varies. Other homes may offer boats when it's generally safe for boating. Homes with boats should have two adult and two child life vests. All watercraft and equipment should be returned to their original locations and secured after each usage.
• Austin Creek is a large year-round creek that runs through Cazadero and feeds into the Russian River. In drought years, the creek may go underground in some places.
• A seasonal creek runs strong in the rainy season, with diminishing flows into early summer. Generally by mid-summer, these creeks will be dry and will remain so until the rains begin again in the fall or winter.
• We cannot guarantee creek water levels or water conditions at any location.
We will try to help you get your lost items back, so call the office ASAP if you forgot something at the house. There is a fee for retrieving and shipping lost items. We keep found items for only 30 days.